Sunday, October 6, 2013

A little about Scott Carson

The former slave-trader, Pastor and great hymn writer, John Newton said on one occasion, “I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world; but still I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am” I've echoed that in my soul since the day I became a Christ-follower some four decades ago. I've never felt that I was a runner after Jesus and sometimes I feel that I struggle to even walk. More often that I want to admit, like Jacob, I'm following Jesus with a limp.

Many of these thoughts have been shared with the wonderful church family that I've had the privilege of pastoring for over twenty-five years now in Burlington, Wisconsin...the Grace Church Family. They are a loving, gracious church that has patiently borne my often feeble efforts to be their pastor.

I have been married to my wonderful wife, Jane, for over thirty years and blessed with three now adult children, who all love Jesus. Often I think that I am the richest man in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment